Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Autumn cup cosy

I don't  think there is anything better to do during autumn than to sit comfortably in your favourite chair, wrapped up in a blanket, with a good book and a big mug of tea :)

I love drinking tea but I always struggle with this small (erm... I meant "normal sized" :P) mugs... So when I saw this big mug on clearance in TESCO I just couldn't not buy it, even if I think that the pattern on it is totally hideous. To solve two problems at once (ugliness of the mug + tea cooling down too quick) I made a cup cosy with one of my favourite themes - autumn :)







I used Hayfield Bonus DK 100% acrylic yarn in orange and brown, and Knitting Essentials 100% acrylic yarn in yellow. There is 14 rows of htc in orange and yellow (two rows each time) and one row of dc in brown as a frame. The buckle is two rows of htc in yellow and then one row of dc in orange and then brown. I also covered simple plustic button with small crochet square of dc.
The pattern that I made *mainly* with  felt looked totally different in my mind when I was thinking of doing this cup cosy but I think it turned out better then it was supposed to be ;)

And here's the ugly mug with a standar size one:



Have a nice day! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. I would love if you stop by and be mine, too.
    I love this cozy, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love that mug cozy. The colors are beautiful for fall and I really like the felt, sequences, and embroidery. This is right up my alley! Can't wait to see more on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the leaves. I'd REALLY love for you to share this cup cozy and any other projects at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete